HEY HEY HEY HEYYYYYYYY MY FAVORITE QUEER DRUNK ASSHOLE POET TURNED 450 TODAY (and let me tell you, there is a lot of competition for the title “favorite queer drunk asshole poet”)
BUT as we all know, there is some controversy over who ACTUALLY wrote shakespeare’s plays!
so in order to mark this SERIOUS and LEGITIMATE issue, i have compiled the most likely theories in this comprehensive list:
- in julius caesar, cassius says, “this is my birthday; on this very day cassius was born.” on that same day, cassius DIES. guess who else was not only born on april 23, but died april 23?? that’s right, shakespeare. english playwright? or ancient roman ghost bent on revenge? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
- shakespeare married a woman called anne hathaway. BATMAN ALSO MARRIED ANNE HATHAWAY. have you ever seen shakespeare and batman in the same place at the same time??????
- lived in london? totally encountered prostitutes several times? probably spoke english? william shakespeare……. or JACK THE RIPPER
- uh, excuse me, an uneducated glovemaker’s son couldn’t possibly have written the 38 works of art attributed to shakespeare. please consider instead this picture of a cat pushing another cat in a shopping cart. you’re welcome.
- ””“”“”“”“”“president obama????”“”“”“”“” more like PRESIDENT WILLIAMSHAKESPOBAMA. wake UP, america
- ME I’M WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE I HAVE BEEN SHAKESPEARE ALL ALONG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FOOLS YOU IGNORANT FOOLS
Horrible Histories - William Shakespeare Song
It’s the Bard’s 450th birthday today!
"I Swear I Didn’t Seriously Ship It At First, It Just Sort of Happened" a novel by me
Stop what you are doing and watch this.
Karen being adorable at SLCCC
Recording Mark Ravenhill’s ‘Imo & Ben’
I watched the Globe’s productions of Much Ado About Nothing and Henry IV Part 1 today and both are marvellous and I thank Sky Arts for only putting an ad break in the interval that was very kind of them
and I love how they always end in a dance
Celebrate William Shakespeare’s 450th birthday with this lovely new picture from @BillTheFilm.
We have an Edward II trailer!
Thanks a lot, NT, for making it one of the painful scenes :P
- how to deal with a roommate you hate
- avoiding big mistakes when picking a major
- creative ways to organize your dorm
- eating healthy in a dining hall
- what to do if you think you’ve been drugged
- how to have a healthy college relationship
- college packing list
- staying in touch with high school friends
- choosing a study abroad program
- awesome study tips
- making friends in college
- what to do if you want to transfer
- how to deal with a hangover
- dealing with loneliness
- what to do if you have a bad professor
- find out about your professors before you register
- how to bond with your roommate
- essential foods to keep in your dorm
- how to deal with homesickness
- why being single in college is okay
- scholarships and financial aid
- pros and cons of joining a sorority
- tips for saving money in college
- adjusting back to school after a semester abroad
- making the most of your college years
"It was tough, you know […] but we had each other, and that is how you got through."